Saturday, April 25, 2009

My Momma Don't Dance

[Originally posted 10/13/08]

Here's a cute story relayed to me by my sister, Judy. (She heard it from Mom.) Apparently, Mom was in the grocery store when an old Elvis tune was being played on the P.A. She was pushing her cart down the aisle and came upon a man who "looked just like your daddy from the back." Inspired, she called out, "Doesn't this music just make you want to get up and do the jitterbug!?" The man turned to her with a smile, "Would you like to?!" Mom giggled and said, "Oh, sure!" but politely declined. They went on with their shopping, light at heart. At the end of the story, Mom felt it important to add, "Oh, Honey, I just wanted you to know that I wasn't flirting!" (She's such a cutie.)

There'll be no dancing for Mom this week, either, as she fell on Saturday and broke her arm! She's fine, but she'll need a little help taking care of herself. Good thing she has nine kids; there are plenty of kids and grandkids around to help her. And it could have been a lot worse, so I'm not complaining. I just ask that you keep her in your prayers...

Have a great week.
 

design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates